2021 was overall a good year. There were some changes, some things that remained the same, some let downs, some celebrations and a lot of growth. The biggest thing that happen was God blessing us with the opportunity to start a family, and we are over the moon thankful. ❤️
A Recap for 2021
- Published Mackenzie Goes to Heaven Coloring Book
- My Hubby turned 25!
- My Kitty Rocky turned 1!
- Changed shifts and became an opener at my job.
- I celebrated 1 year at my job as a lead preschool teacher.
- Started writing my second children’s book.
- Paid off my car.
- Bought a new car.
- Got Pregnant with our Rainbow Baby. 🌈
- Started Growing Avocado Trees
- Celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week with my fellow teachers!
- Celebrated my first Mother’s Day pregnant.
- We had our dating ultrasound and got to see Baby Bear for the first time.
- Told my family and close friends I was expecting.
- Made our Big Announcement that our Rainbow Baby was on the way!
- Made it to the 2nd trimester in my pregnancy!
- We had sequential screening done and got to see Baby Bear again!
- Started craving lemons and pickles. Had a feeling we were expecting a Boy.
- Started feeling Baby flutters
- Won the Dustpan Award for the cleanest classroom at work.
- Celebrated Rocky’s 1 year adoption!
- Heard Baby Bear’s heartbeat using a Doppler for the first time.
- Had our anatomy scan and gender reveal. We were excited to find out we were having a Baby Boy!!! 💙
- I turned 26!
- Went on a Fall themed Girl’s Getaway with my friends Alli and Andrea.
- Told myself it was okay to start buying baby items.
- Held a virtual Baby Book Party!
- Honored my babies on Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day
- Started Decorating the Nursery.
- Made it to the third trimester!
- Tested Positive for Covid, and had to be quarantined for two weeks
- Got diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and was bumped up to a high risk pregnancy.
- Celebrated 5 years of marriage with my husband.
- Packed our bags for the hospital and prepared for Baby Boy’s arrival.
- Had our last ultrasound and discovered that Baby Boy has long thick hair.
- Got diagnosed with thyroid problems associated with pregnancy.
- Took a few maternity photos.
- Went on maternity leave.
A Recap of My 2021 Goals
- Publish My Memoir ❌
- Pay off my Car ✔️
- Receive my FLE Certification ❌
- Lose 20 lbs. ❌
- Buy a New Car ✔️
- Publish a Second Children’s Book ❌
- Read the entire Bible ❌
- Start a Family ✔️
- Pay Off My Credit Card ❌
- Publish a Self Care Journal ❌