I hope you all have enjoyed my variety of recipes I have been sharing the past few weeks. With the holidays quickly approaching, I thought what better time than now to share some homemade favorites!
The past few months have felt a little stagnant, but also a little transitional. We have been venturing out to church more and more which has been so refreshing for the heart and the spirit. Matthew seems to enjoy church. He gets a little shy with strange danger when we first arrive, but once he hears the congregation singing, he starts singing along too. He’s very into making the ooo sound during the song All in All.
Speaking of Matthew, this kid is keeping us busy, busy, busy! He started walking right after turning 9 months. He is into everything and thinks he can push and or fit his way through any small opening. He is determined! This stage right now is such at an exhausting stage, but also a very fun one 🙂
My husband and I have started the buying a house process. We have applied for pre-approval and have started touring houses. I’m so excited! I love living with family, but I’m excited to have space again. I’m excited to decorate and run my own household and be a stay-at-home mom in my own home!
Charles and I have a few ideas of what we want in a home including:
- Land (preferably at least an acre)
- Live in a township that allows chickens and maybe even a goat! I want to get my own eggs and my own goat milk.
- 2-to-3-bedroom home. We need at least a 2 bedroom home for Matthew, but if we can swing it, I wouldn’t mind a 3 bedroom.
- 1-2 bathroom. I’d love to have at least a bath and a half but only if we can swing it.
- Ideal location. We want to live somewhere that’s a good way for Charles to commute to work but not too far from family.
- Distant neighbors. We’d prefer to not be too close to neighbors and would like more of a country feel.
- Farm house, Traditonal or Ranch is the style home we are looking for.
- Ground floor laundry room would be nice.
- Garage, doesn’t have to be attached but nice to store our car through the rain and the snow.
- Basement would be nice in case of bad weather and for storage.
- Dining room thats either seperate from the kitchen, or a large enough kitchen that can have a dining room table.
I’m looking into ways I can earn an income from home through my writing. I’m bouncing around a few ideas such as audio books, Kindle eBooks and even submitting my work to magazines and newspapers. Things are still in the air at the moment, but I will keep you posted on what may lay ahead.