Now that my baby is 3 months old, I have decided to try to implement more structure to our day-to-day life and set a routine for myself and my baby. Since he is still very little, I am not expecting our routine to be very strict, but rather would like to have repetitive tasks throughout the day that can help my baby feel more secure and allow myself to better plan out each day as it comes.
Our current routine is pretty basic.
- After each nap baby wakes up, gets changed, has a feeding, burps and snuggles mommy or whoever is caring for him.
- He has 8 feedings in a 24 period and eats every 2-4 hours.
- He has anywhere from 1 to 4 naps in a day.
- Baths are at night before bed 2-3 times a week.
- Tummy time, swing, music and sensory play happen periodically throughout the day, but at least 3 times.
- With the weather getting nice we sometimes go on a walk or spend a few minutes on our balcony.
Below is an example of what I would like our routine to look like between now and when he turns 6 months old.
I’m hoping by 6 months we will be very close to our baby sleeping through the night, but we shall see.
This is only the general framework of our routine, I’ll keep you posted on how things are going! 💕