I feel so incredibly blessed to have gotten pregnant and carry this beautiful miracle baby. However, I am getting to the point in my pregnancy where I am ready to have this baby, meet and snuggle his face, and have my body back. As I near closer and closer to my due date, I keep thinking about the things I am excited to do after being pregnant.
My Top 10 Things I Am Excited to Do After Being Pregnant
- Eating Cold Lunch Meat. It has been so hard to have to heat up all my lunch meat to prevent the possibility of listeria. I am really excited to have a cold spicy Italian Footlong from Subway after I have this baby.
- Eating Soft Cheeses. I never realized how many soft cheeses I love, until I realized I couldn’t have them during pregnancy. I love queso, feta, goat, ricotta, bleu and all the yummy fancy cheeses.
- Caffeine. I miss caffeine. I miss drinking coke. I miss drinking frappes, cappuccinos and all the caffeinated coffees. It’s been nice to not be addicted to caffeinated drinks, but it will be nice to have them again once in a while if I want to.
- Bending, Twisting and Moving. I am excited to be able to bend, move and twist any way I want to without getting stuck or struggling to do a grand pile‘.
- Sleeping Any Way I Want! I can’t wait for this one. To be able to sleep on my belly or my back sounds so incredible right now. Being obligated to sleep on my sides is getting very old.
- Sushi and Chinese Food. I love Chinese food and sometimes sushi. I have missed it and can’t wait to eat a stir fry bowl, crab ragoons and a side of sushi very soon.
- Using Beauty and Make Up Products Without Worrying if They Are Safe. I’m getting tired of reading labels, trying to decide if they are safe.
- Taking a Hot Bath and Even Using a Hot Tub. One thing that helps me relax is a hot bath. I can’t wait to sit in a hot bath and heal after birth, if I have time between feeding and caring for my baby.
- Clothes That Fit. I know it won’t happen right away, but eventually I’m excited to wear clothes that actually fit without showing the bottom of my baby bump.
- Reaching for Things. Soon enough I’ll be able to reach for things without whacking my belly on the counter.