2020 was a year many thought would be a fresh start. It was the beginning of a new decade and a year for clear vision.,, or so we thought. But instead we were all taken for a loop by this deadly sickness called the Corona virus. In many people there was sheer panic and anxiety, and not long after the way we once lived our lives was no longer. We went from having the freedom to socialize with anyone and everyone, to being instructed to remain 6 feet apart with anyone out side our household. We were required to wear masks everywhere, and no longer had the freedom to dine in restaurants. Students as young as kindergarten and as old as college were forced to complete their studies strictly online.
This year has been anxiety inducing, confusing, exhausting, unpredictable and unexpected. But despite all of that, we have all had the chance at putting things into perspective. With a variety of shut downs and quarantines we have had more opportunities to spend quality time with our immediate families. We have learned to appreciate the time and moments we shared because they are precious, and the future is not promised.
For me personally, this year has been rough, but I have been given a lot blessings as well. This was a big year for me despite the craziness. Today I would like to reflect on 2020, the ups and downs, the blessings and challenges and everything in between.
Recap of My Goals for 2020
- Graduate with my Bachelor’s degree in Child and Family Development. ✔️
- Pay off my Car ✖️
- Recieve my Certification in Family Life Education ✖️
- Get a Pet ✔️
- Publish my Memoir ✖️
- Move to a New Home ✔️
- Get Certified as a Life Coach ✖️
Recap of 2020
- I started my last semester of college.
- Started taking Plexus daily.
- I started revamping my resume and applying to various jobs for after I would graduate.
- I started a new job as a Lead Preschool Teacher.
- Covid – 19 hit the US and life as we knew it changed.
- We moved to our new apartment.
- I finished my last semester of college.
- My state and pretty much the country was forced into an immediate say-at-home order.
- I graduated with my Bachelor’s of Science degree in Child and Family Development.
- I returned back to work after being laid off.
- I redecorated my new apartment.
- I celebrated my 2nd Mother’s Day and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- I honored my Due Date for my 2nd baby.
- Charles and I started trying again.
- I went to the cabin with my best friend Alli.
- Started swimming and enjoying the beautiful summer weather.
- My husband got a new job.
- I published my first children’s book, Mackenzie Goes to Heaven.
- I adopted a kitten and named him Rocky.
- I turned 25.
- I continued digging deep and working on my memoir.
- I grew 9 plants on my balcony.
- I hit 6 months of working at my job.
- Charles and discussed and decided to pursue adoption.
- I reached 150 followers on my blog.
- I hit 25 sales on my children’s book.
- I was named teacher of the month at my Job.
- I did some goal setting for the year ahead.
2020 was crazy and definitely a year of change. Moving forward I predict 2021 will bring it’s own set of challenges and blessings. 💕
Happy New Year Friends!